Monday 16 September 2019

Happy Birthday Owairaka

Today was a very Special day at 9:00 Owairaka assembled. Today was Owairaka District School's Birthday, also the art exhibition opened and one of the Members from Rm:25 were honoured to help cut the cake. Someone famous that really liked art also. Her name was Sarah and her kids Niko and Luke also come to this School. 

Fun Fact: In 1929 Owairaka used to be named Richardson Rd School. Then in 1930 it was named Owairaka.Fun Fact: cake was cut by the Oldest and Youngest students here. which were Mushdah (from our class) and Jamie.Sheryl Fletcher also talked about the history of Owairaka and those who came to this School and who left. 

Also the Kapa Haka played a role in the Birthday we were the ones that lead the School Song

When it was getting to the end the whole School done the School Song and the Kapa Haka leaded that we were the ones who had to do the actions and everybody had to follow what we done.
Happy Birthday Owairaka.

7 comments:

  1. Kia Ora, my name is Titan from Room 23 at Owairaka District School. I really like your blog post about Happy birthday Owairaka. What did you like about the birthday that was interesting to you.

    Thanks for sharing your learning with me. You should check out my blog!.
    (odstitan.blogspot.com)

    Blog you later,
    Titan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Titan the most interesting thing for me was probably the school song because I was in the Kapa Haka group so I was on the hall steps.

    Thanks for checking out my blog. I will check out your blog.
    Blog Ya Later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matthew, my name is Taylah and I am from Room 23.
    Your blog post is very interesting, I can't believe this School is 90!!
    SO OLD!!
    How long have you been going to this School?

    Blog you later-
    -Taylah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mathew I really like your post about Owairaka's birthday.
    Did any of your family members come to this school? Thank you for sharing your learning BLOG YA LATER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anjola Yes my Mum came to this school when she was 5. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Come back to my blog blog ya later

      Delete
  5. Kia Ora Mathew, I really liked your blog post about our schools birthday.
    Have any of your family or people you know came to this school when it just opened?
    Thanks for sharing your learning and check out my blog at http://odstiffanyl.blogspot.com

    Blog ya later,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora, I am Ronan. I like the post because the day was the school's Birthday. that day. 90th birthday of Owairaka was also my sister's birthday. Check out my blog: http://odsronans.blogspot.com/ . Blog your braincells later

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.